A Holy Grail is a product that works perfectly. One that does exactly what it sets out to do. The minute you look like you might be running low, you’ve restocked. You couldn’t be without it for a second.
I’ve written about all these products before. I’ve even put a new category on my website menu for easy location of them, I feel so strongly about recommending them. Here’s an overview, in case you missed any of them-
- Foundation– The two foundations I always use are Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer and L’Oreal Infallible Matte. They both give great coverage without being cakey. I have blemished oily skin and these two work for me. The Clinique gives a satin finish for dewy days and the L’Oreal is for when I need matte dollfaceness.
- Mascara– I have 2- Bourjois Clubbing and They’re Real by Benefit. The Bourjois is more Volumising than the Benefit. They both stay on all day with no flaking or smudging, even though neither are supposed to be waterproof. I don’t find it difficult to remove them either, I use face wash and a cloth or eye makeup remover.
The Bourjois has a bristly sort of brush which loads your lashes with volume agogo . Benefit has a spindly brush which is great for catching all the lashes, it makes for a more natural look. They’re both great!
- Eyeshadow– The much imitated but never bettered Naked 2 by Urban Decay. Everyone in the world knows about this by now. The shadows are versatile, useable, pigmented and long lasting. You can’t argue with it.
- Eyeshadow Primer– Eyeshadow Potion by Urban Decay. For oily lids it’s a must.
- Eyeliner– Kiko Long Wearing Intense Colour Eyeliner Pencil. The name of the pencil says it all.
- Blush– By Terry Hyaluronic Blush in Bubble Glow. The only blush I’ve tried which is still visible after several hours. It has a slight shimmer and staining properties. It’s easy to blend and can look subtle if you wish. I put a blob on my hand and then wiped it off to show how well it’s colour sticks around-
I’m always hoping that I’ll find a brand which can be relied upon to produce only gems, I haven’t come across it yet. Urban Decay is bankable. Also recently I’ve been loving Collection, I’ve bought loads and it’s all been quality and dirt cheap.
I think the test of a beauty product isn’t how it looks when you put it on. The mark of a Grail is its ability to last. It’s no good carefully applying makeup only to find its gone walkies before lunch. Who has time to redo their face every couple of hours, most people don’t have the time to apply it in the first place. Why waste your precious time and effort applying rubbish makeup.
Find my list of Holy Grail products at the Holy Grail section of my main menu, I’m going to keep it updated.
By Terry can be found at CultBeauty.com
Other products from Boots.com